How can I reduce inflammation in my dog naturally? Which dog treats prevent anti-inflammatory diseases in dogs? Let’s find it out and select the best ingredients for inflammation and joint issues.
It’s essential to keep an eye on your dog’s health and give them the necessary nutrients so that they can live a hale and hearty life. You also need to understand that every pup doesn’t have the same requirements. So, you have to determine what food will help your canine to grow healthier and energetic.
The same goes for anti-inflammatory dog treats. They are not suitable for dogs that don’t show any signs of inflammation problems, as the function of it is to prevent the pain, soreness, and stiffness. If your dog has inflammation issues and joint issues, then choose the treat with anti-inflammatory property for them.
Natural Anti-Inflammatory Foods for Dogs
Inflammation is not always a negative sign. It is a body’s way of countering infections by discharging white blood cells in the affected area. The negative aspect of it is a pain caused by the procedure in both the human and animal body. Consuming whole foods that are rich in anti-inflammatory elements can help them overcome the problem.
Foods packed with anti-inflammatory properties include ground flax seeds, turmeric, ginger, cloves, paprika, rosemary, and various types of spices. These ingredients are great for humans.
However, dogs can also receive benefits of these ingredients the same way as their owners. Obviously, your pup will not get ready to eat turmeric root or any of them as raw. You need to add up these elements with other ingredients in their daily food so that they get anti-inflammatory dog treats with delicious taste.
Here are some anti-inflammatory dog foods that are beneficial for your champ’s bones and joints, plus they have an amazing flavor that draws the attention of your canine, and he comes sniffing for the treat. You can choose one of the following treats to alleviate their pain.
Reviewed: Healthy Anti-Inflammatory Dog Treats
These dog bone-shaped cookies contain all-natural and herbal ingredients. They help your pup to build strong bones and joints. It contains essential nutrients like minerals, vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants.
Arthritis Relief Cookies help in the production of cortisone in your pup’s body that supports hip movement and improves joint function. The manufacturers are quite famous for their food products to treat arthritis. These anti-inflammatory dog treats do not contain dyes, additive, or by-products.
- Contain ingredients that support joint function and helps in relieving stiffness.
- Rich in essential nutrients.
- The appealing shape of bone attracts canines.
- Best for only those dogs that have joint problems.
- Your dog may not like its smell.
These soft chews play their role as a hip and joint supplement. You can give these to senior dogs, which will help them to relieve arthritis pain and once again get pleasure from walking, playing, and swimming.
Natures’ Aches Away knows the adverse effects of aspirin on dogs and tries to make the best supplement without it. Your dog can take them to decrease stiffness and soreness.
This dog food contains omega-3 fatty acids to help your dog’s bones. Moreover, this anti-inflammatory dog treat aims to prevent any further problems, such as hip dysplasia, back problems, and dog arthritis.
- It helps to reduce soreness and stiffness.
- The omega-3 fatty acid can help to improve the health of other body parts of your dog.
- It doesn’t contain any harmful elements.
- Your dog may not like its taste and smell.
- Some supplements don’t suit some dogs.
This anti-inflammatory dog treat helps to get rid of joint pain and arthritis pain in a pup. It also reduces pain, soreness, and stiffness in your little furry friend’s body. Your dog will feel a reduction in pain after a few hours of eating it.
Dog Pain Away contains natural ingredients that are not only best for their bones but also improve the function of the immune system. These tablets are soft and chewy, which helps your old pup to eat it without any difficulty. These supplements are made in the USA.
- These tablets are easy to chew for senior dogs.
- They help to reduce arthritis pain.
- The elements in it help to improve other body systems such as the immune system.
- Your pup may refuse to eat it because of its shape or texture.
- Some canines don’t like its taste.
Pups who usually feel discomfort and aches in their body can take advantage of these soft, chewy anti-inflammatory dog treats. Moreover, it’s great to get rid of the pain of daily exercises. NaturVet helps your dog to remain active after having a long day.
It contains glucosamine and Boswellia that support the joints and bones of your companion. You don’t need to force your pup to eat it because it has a delicious taste and soft texture, which is enough to catch their attention. These treats come in a resealable bag to maintain their freshness. This product is free of artificial colors, flavors, and fillers and will not cause any further health problems to your canine.
- It is best to alleviate discomfort and ache.
- Your dog will not run away when you give them these treats to eat.
- It contains ingredients that support the joint’s function.
- The glucosamine content present in this dog treat is not suitable for pups with allergies.
- It may not help to reduce arthritis pain.
Homemade Anti-Inflammatory Dog Treats
Here are some delicious recipes of dog treats that also help in reducing inflammation in dogs.
Peanut Butter and Flour Biscuits
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 scoops chicken or beef powder
- 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- One egg
- Half cup of ground flax seed
1. Preheat your oven to 176 degrees.
2. Spread parchment paper on the baking tray.
3. In a small size bowl, add hot water and chicken or beef powder in it. Dissolve the powder and set the bowl aside.
4. Take another medium-size bowl. Add brown sugar, flour, ground flax, and turmeric powder. Whisk all ingredients together.
5. Add the chicken/ beef powder water into the flour bowl. Put peanut butter and egg in it. Knead with your hands until you get a smooth dough (you can also use an electric mixer). Let the dough rest for a few minutes.
6. Now, toss the dough on the floured surface. Roll out dough to make cookie shapes.
7. Place the cookies on a baking tray and put it in the oven for 35 minutes.
8. Take out the treats when they become dry and crunchy. Once they get cool, they will become harder than before.
9. Give your pup to reduce the pain.
Â· You can add other ingredients in this recipe to increase its flavor.
Â· If you want to use them for several weeks, then let them bake until they get hard.
Â· Whole-wheat flour is an excellent substitute for all-purpose flour and comparatively healthier. But if your pup is on a gluten-free diet, use oat flour, sorghum, or chickpea as an alternative.
- 3 cups oats
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- Pinch black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric
- One egg
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a baking tray and set aside.
3. Take a medium-size bowl and put all dry ingredients in it. Mix them well.
4. Add egg and water in it.
5. Mix them with a spoon until they get combined. Knead the dough with your hands. It will look like sticky and wet dough. Let it rest for 15 minutes. This way, oats will soak up egg and water.
6. Roll out dough on a floured surface, keep it 1/4 thick. Cut shapes with a cookie cutter and put them on a baking tray.
7. Toss the baking tray in the oven and bake it for 20 minutes.
8. Take out the tray and put it on a wire rack to cool.
- If you want a hard texture of cookies, then bake it for another 10 minutes.
Anti-inflammatory dog treats are great to overcome any health problems related to inflammation, such as arthritis. Senior pups feel more need to consume them because of their joint and bone pain. These treats also help to reduce the throbbing after exercises. However, before purchasing or cooking, make sure that your dog is not allergic to the ingredients in the products and recipes mentioned above.